Embrace Your Personal Healthy Weight
There’s nothing sexier than a woman who is confident in her own body. Wouldn’t you agree? Especially when she possesses that comfort level regardless of the size of her body. The trick to this confidence is arriving at that point yourself, where you embrace your own personal healthy weight.
I’m a firm believer that every woman has her own personal healthy weight. This is not driven by a particular number on a scale. I’m talking about the overall state of your body when you are at your best. When you are eating healthy food, staying active on a regular basis, and enjoying life.
Here are some ways to embrace your personal healthy weight:
- Healthy is better than skinny I use the term healthy very deliberately, because it implies so much more than just your body weight. When you are healthy, you feel good and get more enjoyment out of life. When you are just “skinny,” that may not be the case.
- Continual dieting isn’t worth the cost If you have to live on a reduced calorie diet all the time in order to maintain a certain jean size, well, that’s not fun or fulfilling. Perhaps you should consider that is likely not your true healthy weight. Once you are at your personal healthy weight, rather than fighting and lamenting your body, you can embrace yourself. Don’t spend your time pining away for that next size down.
- Celebrate your uniqueness! I once saw a photograph of ten women lined up in a row, all wearing the exact same jeans, in the same size 12. I was flabbergasted at the range in appearances – each of them with a completely unique shape and fit. This drove home an important lesson for me: Women come in a wonderful array of body types! Each of us is unlike any other. When you really think about this amazing variety, you start to realize the opportunity to be so unique is fantastic. So let’s stop feeling like our bodies *should look* like something else.
- Avoid the weight roller coaster I’ve watched friends over the years ebb and flow between sizes, diets, and body weights. They lose a great deal of weight, only to gain it all back (and usually more). One extreme seems to feed into the other, and the rebound cycle continues throughout their lives. It seems a constant exercise in frustration! Reaching that occasional “skinny low weight” hardly seems worth all the heartache.
- Purchase clothing that fits As in, fits you right now. Resist the temptation to buy that clearance item which is one size too small, thinking “this could motivate me to lose some weight.” Nothing crushes your self-esteem more quickly than trying to wear clothes that are too small. Please don’t do that to yourself! Stick to pieces which are flattering and comfortable, that fit your current healthy body shape.
- Everyone will love the Awesome You Let’s get back to that woman who looks attractive, regardless of how thin she is. If you are eating good foods that give you the right nutrients for your skin, hair, and overall wellbeing, you will be beautiful. If you are full of life and energy, resulting from your active lifestyle, you will be a joy to be around. Does it matter to anyone whether that Awesome You is wearing a size 6 or a size 10? Absolutely not.
I propose that we all try and focus on being our best selves, and embrace our own personal healthy weight.
Read more from Stonewear Designs Ambassador Tami Mittan on her blog Colorado Mountain Mom, and check out other pieces she’s written for the LiveStonewear! blog like her post about the inspiring Mary Lou Retton and her tips for hiking with children.