Nutrition Month – 10 Heart Happy Meal Ideas from ambassadors
March is National Nutrition Month, so we asked our team to share their favorite heart (and tastebud!) happy meals. Tell us below, what’s on your list? Oats seem to be the trendiest item on ours!
10 Heart Happy Meal Ideas:
1. One of my favorite easy lunches is to toss together a rinsed can of black beans with a can of corn, add a touch of olive oil, some cumin, a dash (or four) of Tapatio, and some fresh cilantro. It’s super easy! -Beth Bault
2. Oatmeal from scratch with honey, almonds, and berries! The perfect pre-climbing breakfast. -Erica Lineberry
3. Gluten free oatmeal with honey, cinnamon, and half of a banana.-Cassie Strid
4. Green Smoothie! Here’s my recipe: 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter (I love Justin’s, Boulder represent!), 1 cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt, ½ scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder, half a banana (better if it’s frozen first), as much spinach as you can fit into your blender, and ice! Blend it up, add more almond milk to emulsify if you need to, and drink up. Tip: Make a huge batch, freeze in ice cube trays, and add them to your next smoothie to make it a bit colder. -Eve Hersh
5. I love steel cut oats with dates, walnuts, honey, and fat-free Greek yogurt. -Terri Barry
6. Red wine Oatmeal is a close second. -Amanda Renner
7. I actually had to do a little research on this one, but I’m happy to report that I do have a heart-healthy favorite meal (even if I didn’t know it!) Steel cut oats are my favorite way to start my day, topped with other heart-healthy favorites like berries and nuts. Delicious fuel for your day! -Dana Waggener
8. Avocados. Plain and simple. -Sara Roberts
9. Egg white wrap made with whole wheat or gluten free pita, spinach, feta cheese, and tomato. –Eve Hersh
10. Spaghetti squash and chicken lo mein. I stir-fry cubed chicken breast with lots of veggies, tamari, Sriracha, and sesame oil and then mix into roasted spaghetti squash. It’s filling, delicious, and a great substitute for the simple carb and MSG-laden alternative. -Eve Hersh
Want some more heart happy meal ideas? Celebrate Nutrition Month with a meal from our Pinterest recipes board.
The post Nutrition Month – 10 Heart Happy Meal Ideas from ambassadors appeared first on Live Stonewear.